Your countertop will be used more than any surface in the home.
The way it looks will shape the personality of the entire room, but the way it stands up to the many uses your family will demand of it, will have a great impact on your everyday life. From food preparation to school projects, your kitchen surfaces need to be ready, and there are many options to meet your needs. Below is detailed information to help ensure you make the right choice.
Unlike any manmade material, polished granite offers unrivaled depth, clarity and movement. Although many popular granite colors are consistent, there are literally hundreds available in thousands of variations. In fact, nearly 50 percent of all slabs sold are considered “exotic granites,” which tend to offer the most variation and movement within the slab.
Granite offers superior durability and variety for all your countertop needs.
Benefits of Granite
- Granite countertops add value to your home or office and never depreciate in value
- No two slabs are exactly alike, which gives your countertops a unique, radiant look
- Granite is highly durable and stands up well to heat, chipping, scratching and staining
- Granite surfaces are sanitary and easy-to-clean with warm water and a mild detergent
Granite is quarried from
mountains all over the world.
During the binding process, pigments and small flecks of broken glass or other materials may be added to create an endless array of colors, textures and veining, ultimately producing a look nearly indistinguishable from natural stone.
The binding process also makes quartz countertops nonporous, so food and moisture cannot penetrate the surface – the main source of growth for harmful bacteria. They are also highly stain and scratch resistant, and will never need to be sealed once installed.
Benefits of Quartz
- With its superior beauty and performance, quartz countertops add everlasting value to your home or office
- Quartz’s sturdiness allows you to create more dramatic edges and shapes than many other materials
- Its nonporous surface is food-safe and resists stains from items such as wine, coffee and tea
- Quartz is practically maintenance-free and never needs sealing, polishing or reconditioning
- Clean-up is simple using only warm water and a mild detergent
Marble Today Quartz
Marble Today features the following quartz manufacturers:
Marble is a metamorphic stone, composed most commonly of limestone or dolomite rock, and is widely known for its unique beauty and style. It can be dressed up with a polished finish to bring out the details of the stone’s color, veining and character; made more casual with a honed finish for that soft, satiny-smooth feel; or textured with a fingerprints and other natural imperfections of the surface.
If you do choose marble for your kitchen, we recommend you have it professionally sealed to help limit stains from oil, wine, coffee and other liquids that may soak into the surface.
Benefits of Marble
- Marble adds a natural, classic and lasting beauty to your home or office
- Each slab of marble is different, making your design uniquely your own
- Marble works perfectly with many different design aesthetics
- Marble is heat resistant and resists chipping
In many cases, laminate countertops are the most economical choice on the market and offer the broadest array of surface options. Surfaces can range from a solid color to an intricate pattern, and textures can range from a smooth satin, to a sparkling high-gloss, to a heavily textured stone or pebbled appearance.
Benefits of Laminates
- Laminates are relatively inexpensive, allowing you to affordably change your style more often
- Laminates are low-maintenance and easy to clean using warm water and a mild detergent
- Laminates are durable and resist stains, abrasions and moisture well
- Laminates complement any decor with hundreds of colors, patterns, textures and finishes
Marble Today features the following laminate manufacturers:
Solid Surface Products
Solid Surface products are most popular for their prestigious appearance, lasting durability and extensive customizing capabilities. They are low-maintenance and can be joined inconspicuously by a trained professional for a seamless installation. Marble Today features two Solid Surface countertop products: Corian® and Gibraltar®.
Solid Surface products continue to evolve and inspire designers, builders and homeowners with their beauty and functionality.
Benefits of Solid Surface Products
- Flexible, versatile and easily molded and textured to meet your needs
- Durable, heat-resistant and virtually seamless when installed
- Simple to clean and maintain; marks and scratches are easily removed
- Homogenous and uniform in color throughout; easily refinished, should the need ever arise
- Impervious to bacteria and staining; most are certified for food contact
- Backsplashes can be created to seamlessly follow wall contours
- Available in a variety of finishes, ranging from matte to high-gloss
- Available in hundreds of colors and textures – from solid colors to marbleized, granite effect or woodgrain